In the heart of the film district, Hand Prop has been open for business since 2000.
We have a large and diverse selection of small, mostly hand held props. Our inventory covers many time periods.
We pride ourselves in the quality of our inventory. Many of our props are functional, aged, unique, in multiple sets, and can be used in set dressing as well.
We provide services to productions of
ALL BUDGETS - ALL SIZES
Motion Pictures / Feature Films
Television - MOW / Series / Pilot
New Media / SVOD
Print & Social Media
Commercials / Advertisements
Independent / Foreign
Extensive inventory of props available for rent
Custom prop creation
Painting / Repairs
Hand Prop Inc. is directly associated with Movie Armaments Group and it's subdivision Mag Prop Studio under a common ownership. We combine our skills, our passion, our equipment and extensive inventory.
Together as a team we have been providing quality services to the film industry for over 20 years.
ABC - A&E - Alliance Atlantis - Amberlight Films - Applecreek Productions - Avion Films - Barner / Alper Productions - BBC America - Bernman/Braun - Bell Media - Blade TV Productions - BRAVO - Breakthrough Entertainment - Canadian Film Centre - Castle Rock Entertainment - CBC Television - CBS - CHCH TV - Chris Chapman Photography - Chesler / Perlmutter CineMax - Claude Noel Photography - Columbia Tristar - The Comedy Network - Constatin Films - CORUS Entertainment - Court TV - Crave TV - CTV - Cloud Ten Productions - The CW - Darius Films - Decode Entertainment - Discovery Channel - Disney Channel - Don Carmody Productions - Dufferin Gate - Ego Art Films - eOne Entertainment - Epitome Pictures - Focus Features - FOX TV - F/X Network - GEP Productions - George Brown College - GFT Entertainment - Global TV - Harlequin - The Hallmark Channel - Hart House Theatre - HBO - Hearst Entertainment - The History Channel - Hulu - Idaho Productions - Imagine Entertainment - Impact Pictures - Industry Films - Innovative Arts - Investigation Discovery - Lengendary Pictures - Lifetime - Lions Gate Films - Loop Media - Kevin Hewitt Photography - Matt Barnes Photography - Max FX - Metro/Goldwyn Mayer - Miramax - Movie Channel - The Movie Network - Muse Entertainment - Natasha Nicholson Photography - National Geographic - National Film Board of Canada - NBC - Netflix - Newline Cinema - Paramount Pictures - Partners - PAX TV - Pebblehut - Prodigy Pictures - Radke Films - Revolver Films - Rhombus Media - Rogers Media - Ryerson University - Serendipity Point Films - Shaftesbury Films - Shaw Media - Sheridan College - Showtime - Showcase - Sienna Films - Sparks - Sony Pictures (Screen Gems) - Soft Citizen - Space - Spy Films - Spyglass Entertainment - StarZ - Steam Films - Stratford Festival - Suneeva - SyFy - Temple Street - TIFF - TLN - TNT - Toronto Film School - 20th Century FOX Pictures - TVO - Twisted Pictures - UbiSoft - Universal Pictures - University of Toronto - USA Network - Warner Bros. Pictures - Westside Studio - White Pine Pictures - Whizbang Films - York University - YTV / Nelvana - Village Roadshow - Zephyr Films
- A SECURITY DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED for ALL RENTALS prior to pick up of ANY ORDER.
- The amount of the SECURITY DEPOSIT varies based on total replacement value items to be rented.
- SECURITY DEPOSITS are held until ALL ITEMS rented are RETURNED in good order and all outstanding invoice(s) are paid in full.
- SECURITY DEPOSITS can be accepted in CASH, VISA, Master card, or Corporate Cheque. In the case of Corporate Cheque,
please make cheques out to "Hand Prop Inc."
- Unauthorized modification or alteration of ANY PROPS may be subject to a repair or full replacement charge.
- Lost PROPS will be charged full replacement value. A suitable exchange maybe considered at the full discretion of Hand Prop.
- Payments for any services and/or rentals are in CANADIAN DOLLARS, and can be made in CASH, VISA, Master card, and Corporate Cheque.
We do not accept personal cheques unless previously arranged before with us.
- HST is charged on all orders.
- PST exemption forms are no longer valid.
RENTALS / RETURNS:
- Rental rates vary but typically range from 10 to 15% of the replacement values of the items rented on a weekly basis.
- Extended rentals can be arranged for orders longer than 1 week up until the run of a given production, or season in the event of periodic productions such as television series and the like.
- Hand Prop charges a Minimum $25.00 plus HST for ALL individual small orders.
- Rentals WILL NOT be held longer than 3 business days prior to expected pick up date.
- All items are to be returned on the expected rental due date. We do not offer refunds for items returned prior to the rental due date.
- Cancelled or abandoned orders will be subject to a 25% re-stocking fee.
- Rental Items should be returned in their original rental condition in order to avoid additional handling / cleaning fees (based on our Shop Labour Rate).
- Our Shop Labour rate is $75.00 per hour for items that can be cleaned or repaired Onsite. Additional charges may be incurred for items
repairs NOT performed by Hand Prop
- Late or extended fees WILL apply to orders received 1 day after expected return date unless a prior arrangement has been made at our
- Reimbursement will not be made for items returned prior to the return date.
- Storage bins provided are included in rentals for transportation convenience and to maintain the original state of our props.
All storage bins are required to be returned in good condition with the rental. Missing or damaged bins are subject to replacement.
- Legal clearances of ANY PROPS and/or graphics are the SOLE RESPONSIBILITY of the client and/or their representatives.
- In some instances, valid photo ID such as a drivers license may be required and will be kept on file.
- Any information collected or used for the conduct of these "policies" will be held in strict privacy and discretion.
No information will be shared with any business or persons without strict written authorization.
- ALL CUSTOMERS will indemnify HAND PROP INC. and any of its staff, directors, and/or bonafide representatives from any liability for the use
of any of its PROPS or services in ANYWAY whatsoever in Canada or any other country. All specific requirements for use of our props in a production are to be performed solely by the production ie. such as permits, notifications to any required government agency and the like. Please ensure any such arrangements are prepared before renting our props.
- HAND PROP is prepared to sign non-disclosure agreements (NDA) or similar documents where required and any costs or fees associated
with said agreements is at the sole expense of the CUSTOMER and its affiliates, partners, agencies, or any representative whatsoever.
- Shipping of orders by a bonafide production Federal Express (FEDEX) account can be arranged for an additional shipping and handling fee.
- Production FEDEX account information and authorization are to be set-up with HAND PROP prior to shipping of any orders.
- HAND PROP does assume any responsibility for other forms of shipping (ie. bike couriers, taxi cabs, DHL, Brokerages, or other such organizations). We will not
be responsible for such arrangements and/or associated fees; these are the sole responsibility of the CLIENT.